Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think steve will announce at macworld?

I personally think the star of the show will be apples notebook line, i am really hoping for a new sub-notebook since my ibook g4 is getting older each day.

Here are some of things i think that might be announced at macworld by jobs

-Macbook pro ultra portable

-Macbook/Macbook pro redesign

-New Mac Pro redesign

-New Cinema displays

-Apple TV 2

-iTunes movie rentals

-iPhone/Touch third party apps

-Mac tablet

so those are some of the things i want apple to announce at macworld, what do you want or think will be announced at macworld?

-Justin

well we already know about 3rd party apps. Steve mentioned that an SDK will be coming out in Feb. 2008. Could it come out sooner? Possibly.

And you can get a tablet from OWC. Dubbed the "ModBook"

I personally think the star of the show will be apples notebook line, i am really hoping for a new sub-notebook since my ibook g4 is getting older each day.

-New Mac Pro redesign

-New Cinema displays

-Apple TV 2

-iTunes movie rentals

-Mac tablet

so those are some of the things i want apple to announce at macworld, what do you want or think will be announced at macworld?

-Justin

It's pretty much a given iTunes Movie Rentals. I think (or hope) they'll do what Amazon (Unbox) did in that you have it for 30 days maximum but once you start watching it you have 24 hours before it expires.

New Mac Mini (and you all said it was dead) and Apple TV combo (Apple TV 2) with 1080p support.

3G coming for iPhone and full iTunes/Starbucks rollout. Oh, and 16GB iPhone.

One more thing - Ultra Portable (<3lbs) Macbook (maybe it will be called something new) with Multi-Touch (ala iPhone/iPod Touch) display. 12 hour battery life. LED backlight. No physical keyboard built in. 32GB/64GB flash memory for on-board storage.

well we already know about 3rd party apps. Steve mentioned that an SDK will be coming out in Feb. 2008. Could it come out sooner? Possibly.

i am aware of the modbook and yeah its pretty snazy but an apple branded mac tablet would prolly be much better in my opinion.

heres my guess

iPhone / iPod touch:

- storage capacity up to 16gb ( supposed to be announced at the new iPod line intro, but didn't make it )

- no 3G (yet), but 3G iphone announced for Q2/Q3 2008

- firmware 1.1.3 (which turns out to be exactly like the pictures, similar to the new keyboards, & fat iPod nanos)

mac mini:

- redesign, black and silver

- same hardware specs as the latest macbooks

- new name, mac nano

a new TV (Apple TV), featuring:

- a new design, similar to the new mac nano

- support for up-to full HD ( 1080p ) video

- slightly improved User Interface

- movie rentals with sync-back to iTunes

MacBook & MacBook Pro:

- redesigned MacBooks

- (MB only) alu. and black, more squared corners, like the old OSX window corners did.

- (MBP only) hardware update, LED displays, Blu-ray or HD-DVD available as an option for optical media bay.

- new keyboards, like the 'new' regular apple keyboards

- no multi-touch displays, maybe on a newton-like device, not on notebooks.

but honestly, since im pretty much covered ( once my macbook gets back from repairs due to the "crackbook" issue ) hardware-wise, i'd be happy with a Hi-Def TV. Now heres to hoping i can hold myself off on buying one of those shiny HD-DVD players until theres news for the TV......

The ModBook has been plagued by delays, I don't think a single one has shipped yet. I got an email from OWC and they mentioned it has been a hornswaggle getting it out. I'll see if I still have it.

On a different note my wife made me a coupon I could redeem for a new MacBookPro, but I am definitely waiting to get something until after MW08. Seems she didn't want to spec out one for me so I get to pick. :-)

roog

I forgot to add one very last thing.

HD movie downloads coming to iTunes.

It will likely be 720p.

1080p versions importable into iTunes will be available on Blu-Ray disks in stores.

Prices will likely be at $19.99 for iTunes purchased versions.

Only Disney and Fox will offer HD Movies at this time.

i find this article to be quite interesting. and even if apple doesnt announce that this month, i can see it coming soon. well i'd like it to anyway.

imac-docking-patent-080103.png

Some wild speculations?

• Open sourcing of Mac OS X?
  • Merging of Apple TV and Mac mini into one media center device?
  • Native games for iPhone.

To mention a few.

I'd like to see cheaper AppleTVs along with iTunes rentals. Maybe bring back a smaller 80GB model at $99.00 and drop the price on the 160GB to $199.00. Frankly I don't use any of the HD on my 40GB as I stream all the content over 802.11G WiFi from my 3 Macs.

-New Mac Pro redesign

-New Cinema displays

-Apple TV 2

-iTunes movie rentals

-Mac tablet

-Justin

The new Mac Pro has been announced, so for at least one of your predictions you were close (although it's not quite a redesign)

http://www.apple.com/macpro/

- Tim

Updated AppleTV (with support for HD iTunes Store video)

Annoucement of iTunes Store movie rentals

Announcement of a 3G compatible 8Gb and 16Gb iPhone coming in June '08 (with true GPS support)

iPhone SDK coming in February '08

Some-sort of Multi-Touch Macbook Tablet (a long shot for sure)

Unlikely, since it will require the mobile network to be upgraded as well, and since it seems that 3G coverage is patchy at best in the US (which after all, is currently the primary market for the iPhone) I personally think it will be a while before a 3G iPhone comes out. Although It may be sooner since most of europe has 3G already (my last two phones before my iPhone were 3G).

well i think that steve will announce that a new computer is being made. Not something that's "new" so not something that's faster than leopard. I think that it will be an iBook. an iBook touch. i just thought that since the iPod touch came out, steve would come up with something that has a multi touch screen again :P ..... It seems that this idea is TOO impossible to create a whole computer that has a multi-touch screen so steve might say that apple has been working on a NEW version of the iPhone. Something that could have 300gb or maybe have access to work on a website in iWeb.

just some cool ideas i thought steve would announce.

oops! i almost forgot!! i also think that steve will announce that now iWeb can have a forum!!!!! :lol:

I think after the upgrade to the Mac Pro range, there is a gap between the iMacs and the Pro's. I think there is room for a smaller tower system, that allows graphics card upgrades, that is possibly quad core, to compete with the normal upgradable home PC.

Run Windows and OS X on a Mac that os more powerful than your average PC. They've just announced that the Pro can use a 8800GT graphics card, but the Pro is too expensive and overspec'd for your average home gamer.