Sign in to follow this  
groomsy57

Looking For Cleaning Tips

I just bought a G4 iMac for my girlfriend off of eBay and luckily, everything works on it. However, the machine has been through some use and there is some discoloration on the keyboard and gunk in between the keys. There is also some gunk on the cords and around the mouse and even some stuff on the machine itself. I was wondering if anyone had any cleaning tips to help me clean it up. Any good cleaning solutions that can help make a computer look new again? Thanks for any tips.

I use iClean (bought from the apple store, made by Monster) to clean off my laptop, mouse and keyboard. Works beautifully.

I think that that Mac deserves a new keyboard. I'm told the new Apple keyboard is so great, that it is like you have a brand new computer.

Just replace the keyboard is my advice.

Good luck.

Edited by Ignoracious

I think that that Mac deserves a new keyboard. I'm told the new Apple keyboard is so great, that it is like you have a brand new computer.

Just replace the keyboard is my advice.

Good luck.

Yeah I use the new Apple keyboard and I really like it. I just picked up the wireless keyboard for myself too, so I might give her this wired one to use.

And Graham, thank you for your suggestion. I have iClean too. Is it alright to use on all surfaces? I really just used it for my screen, but I wasn't sure if it'd be alright to use on other surfaces as well. I guess I didn't think about using it at all. haha

My MBP has suffered no ill effects from using it. Not guaranteeing anything, but I don't see why it wouldn't be ok.