rmsmits

Maximze Window Shortcut

I searched for and posted a question in the keyboard short cuts thread, but I thought I'd repost it here since that thread is kinda old.

I trying to find a keyboard shortcut to simply maximize a window and there doesn't seem to be one. Am I missing something extremely obvious? Wouldn't be the first time!wink.gif

In OS X it's called Zoom rather than Maximise, but you're right, there doesn't seem to be a keyboard shortcut to do it.

But never fear, my favourite app in the whole world Quicksilver is here!

Firstly you'll need to download and install quicksilver from here: http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/Quicksilver.shtml

Now you've got it installed and running, open up the preferences and install the extra scripts plugin on the plugin tab (you'll probably have to look in the all plugins section, I can't remember where it is now, had it installed for so long).

20080114-n4hiswaetnjka7hw6a328995id.jpg

Now we'll make a custom trigger for one of the scripts that's included in that plugin.

Go to the Triggers tab, and click on the + at the bottom left of the window and choose hotkey.

20080114-e2xw5wwydmtmetib5nrm2km8u6.jpg

Type enough in the first pane of Zoom Front Window so that script shows up, press tab, then type Run then click on save.

20080114-rgs69w4u4kb7d16payisah9298.jpg

Now with the saved hotkey highlighted click on the i at the bottom right of the window, and click in the text box labelled Hot Key. Enter whatever key combination you want to activate the script and you're done.

20080114-cq3s17khnmk7gwn988xbt1d4hs.jpg

Depends. The Zoom feature can be modified by the developer. So for example it works perfectly in Mail, but in Safari the zoomed view is this stupid skinny little thing.

In OS X it's called Zoom rather than Maximise, but you're right, there doesn't seem to be a keyboard shortcut to do it.

But never fear, my favourite app in the whole world Quicksilver is here!

Firstly you'll need to download and install quicksilver from here: http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/Quicksilver.shtml

Now you've got it installed and running, open up the preferences and install the extra scripts plugin on the plugin tab (you'll probably have to look in the all plugins section, I can't remember where it is now, had it installed for so long).

20080114-n4hiswaetnjka7hw6a328995id.jpg

Now we'll make a custom trigger for one of the scripts that's included in that plugin.

Go to the Triggers tab, and click on the + at the bottom left of the window and choose hotkey.

20080114-e2xw5wwydmtmetib5nrm2km8u6.jpg

Type enough in the first pane of Zoom Front Window so that script shows up, press tab, then type Run then click on save.

20080114-rgs69w4u4kb7d16payisah9298.jpg

Now with the saved hotkey highlighted click on the i at the bottom right of the window, and click in the text box labelled Hot Key. Enter whatever key combination you want to activate the script and you're done.

20080114-cq3s17khnmk7gwn988xbt1d4hs.jpg

I don't seem to have as full a list of plug-ins as this screen shot. Hint?

picture1ah8.png

It's under Quicksilver, which I found by typing "script" into the search box.

It's under Quicksilver, which I found by typing "script" into the search box.

Not on my version mate - can you elaborate as to why this might be? I've got a blank screen when I search for 'script'

Reload the plugin list? They're stored on the blacktree server.

Reload the plugin list? They're stored on the blacktree server.

Ahh - now that's not so intuitive is is? But thanks, I got it now!!