Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huskermn

Keynote

There's so much info to process from what's been said already but one thing I'm excited about is the prospect of watching rented movies on my iPhone, maybe even rent through the iPhone Music Store (or whatever it's really called). that would be very handy for plane trips.

Apple TV! $229 US. Definetly worth it now, and everyone thought it was dead. It was on all of the "Biggest dissapointments of 2007" lists.

Steve said 4 things. Time capsule, iPhone/touch updates, AppleTV/Movies. 2 more to go if he does a one more thing.

I'm wondering if the new Apple tv will be same hardware as before, or the new one will go up to 1080p.

he just said 4th thing. Something in the air!!!!

Macbook air! fits inside an envelope. 0.16" to 0.76" thick

Pretty incredible keynote (as usual) so far.

Looks like just you and me here, ipodman.

What's left for "one more thing"?

Pretty incredible keynote (as usual) so far.

Looks like just you and me here, ipodman.

What's left for "one more thing"?

Im here guys!! lol

Did i get the info right on the ipod touch updates x5 new apps....mail, maps so on but you have to pay $20?

WOW!!!! MacBook Air

What a cool looking machine. (I 'watching' the Gizmodo blog).

I'm in love. Just waiting for the price...

Ouch. The price is a bit steep for me. :(

Im here guys!! lol

Did i get the info right on the ipod touch updates x5 new apps....mail, maps so on but you have to pay $20?

Yep, $20. I'm not sure if the GPS-like thing works on the Touch but it should.

Recap - that means it's time for "one more thing"

steve said they've got some sort of wi-fi hot spot locating thing so it might work with the touch.

the only thing about the air is the hard drive. thats the same as in the classic, its going to be real slow. and the 64GB SDD will wear out real fast.

finally the sun is coming out over australia.

i dont think there will be 1 more thing this time. the macbook air was kind of it.

And it's up on Apple.com now. wow i dont think its that thin.

The online store in Canada is back up. That was fast.

I'm starting to think no 'one more thing' also.

Reminds me of Van Morrison only playing a one song encore at the concert I saw last month. Disappointing end, but, still a helluva show.

apparently Randy’s singing a song about America, the president, and comparing them to Hitler and Stalin.

ouch $3,098us for the 1.8GHz 64GB model.

Nothing else from Gizmodo.

Oh, well, off to lunch for me.

Can't wait to get home and install the updates and check out the buzz.

the apple store is down. too many people pre-ordering it. engadget said they had 10x traffic of last keynote. macrumours live was alot better.

i'm going back to bed now. it's 5.48am here the sun has barely come out.

wait theres no speakers?

I was also hoping for something ridiculous, although for me, the new iPod touch features will be totally handy. To be able to check my e-mail and to be able to make lists is absolutely perfect for being a stay at home mom. I'm guessing I might be the only one saying that here, though. :D

Ok, I'm late to the posting party but my .02 (post live updates) but before watching the keynote or hear the podcast reviews....

- Time Capsul - Addresses the issue w/ Time Machine on laptops. Ok, but WHAT is it? Is it a new app? A software update to Leopard?

How does it work? Guess I'll need to see the demo.

- Webclips for iPhone - YES!! Very nice. Now instead of going to Sportsline.com and zooming in on the scoreboard, I can save that page (zoomed/panned in and all) to my Home screen. At least a use that I can find. Add a link to PocketTweets and I'm doing well.

- iPhone updates - the other iPhone updates look kind of meh to me at the moment. Again, probably come across better in the keynote.

- Updated Apple TV w/ lowered price - not much of a surprise, although the price drop is nice. Kind of what alot of people have been saying all long (Adam included). I still won't get one anytime soon (I don't think, at least).

- iTunes Rentals - nice. expected, but nice. Great compliment to the Apple TV update.

- Macbook Air - Is this the "sub-notebook" or not? Thinner, but still 13.3" and $1799. Seems kind of niche to me. Its small enough for students to love, but too pricey for them. Plus an 80 GB HDD is way too small for serious travelers who'd like the small size. Definately not for me.