Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doz

Darn, no firewire

no firewire in the macbook air, ouch!

I guess the firewire socket is too thick?

Ditto for ethernet connectivity - via USB.

A smaller ouch. Also means no gigabit speeds.

Looks great though! Still - no 12" model. No mini PCI. 4200rpm drive! A little disappointing. Maybe in the future. And pretty darned expensive.... Macbook Pro territory

In conclusion... I might buy one. Well? It looks cool! :)

Hmmm... RAM seems fixed at 2GB. Is that enough for 'PRO' apps?

Hmmm... RAM seems fixed at 2GB. Is that enough for 'PRO' apps?

I haven't checked the pro app specs, but I'm pretty sure 2 gigs is bare minimum or just pushing it. its not really targeted for that marks though, so its not a big loss. a pro would just go with the slightly more expensive MacBook pro.

-patrick

I haven't checked the pro app specs, but I'm pretty sure 2 gigs is bare minimum or just pushing it. its not really targeted for that marks though, so its not a big loss. a pro would just go with the slightly more expensive MacBook pro.

-patrick

Not sure what pro apps you're using, but I'm working on 500MB–2GB Photoshop (CS3) files with 1GB of ram on a dual processor G4 running Leopard and everything works a-ok.

I expect the lack of firewire is down to the size of the controller board rather than the socket (which is why firewire isn't seen on iPods anymore).

I have only 1.5 GB and had for most of the life of the computer only 1GB and I use lightroom as well as CS3 with no problems.