Sign in to follow this  
scoates

iPod Touch New Dock Look

I liked the 'old' dock look on my iPod Touch - it reflected (ha!) the style of the dock in Leopard, with the icons reflecting off of the shiny dock shelf. Now the dock is the same as the iPhone dock i.e. 'perforated steel' look. I can only think of a couple of reasons why they would change it:-

1) Reflections were too hard to implement for web clip icons, other apps etc.

2) There was such a negative reaction to the shiny dock in Leopard, that its days are numbered - on both the iPod and the desktop.

I love my new apps; but I miss my old shiny dock!

Steve

I'd go with number 1. The reflections seem to be hard coded (looking at my jailbroken iPhone with the "touch" theme), so this is for when you move your icons around. The whole dock (including the reflections) is one image, with the icons overlaid.

I'd go with number 1. The reflections seem to be hard coded (looking at my jailbroken iPhone with the "touch" theme), so this is for when you move your icons around. The whole dock (including the reflections) is one image, with the icons overlaid.

Do you mean a if you jailbreak the ipod touch when you move icons around the reflection will change? or does the reflection stay the same with the reflection of the icons that werer there? --Thank you.

They would stay the same, I'd expect. Only guessing since I've only seen Jailbroken iPhones in the flesh.