Mr. Mac

Syncing Videos to iPod touch running 1.1.3 over USB 1.1

As some people may remember, after 1.1.2 came out I posted about my unpleasant experiences with that update and syncing video files View Post! As i researched the problem I found I was not alone, there were numerous reports of the same issue, mainly on the Apple Discussion Forums. My question now is, has this issue been resolved? Is there anyone out there with an iPod touch running 1.1.3 who is able to sync video content to it successfully over USB 1.1? If no one here is, is there anyone brave enough to upgrade & try and report what happens? ;) (You can download the software update without the extra apps for free). Please help me out here, as I would like to upgrade to 1.1.3 and purchase the Apps package so my touch isn't jailbroken anymore.

Thanks!

Edited by joe28753

...................??????????????......................??????????????????????......................?????....???.?

Sorry, but clearly no one knows.

Have you tried turning off WiFi before you connect your touch in iTunes. I do that as I sync over usb 1.1.

But I am still on 1.1.1 for the jailbreak.

Give it a shot post back and we can go from there.

Rant:

It sucks Apple that we can't sync very well with usb 1.1. Terrible, there is no reason for other than making you buy a new machine, and maybe experience but I'm fine with slow syncing, just fix the errors and crashes that happens when connecting to itunes.

hope this helps

I am currently able to sync over USB 1.1 just fine with WiFi on (I too am running firmware 1.1.1) I suppose the idea makes sense, but I don't know if I want to upgrade and loose all my jailbreak stuff to try.

I am currently able to sync over USB 1.1 just fine with WiFi on (I too am running firmware 1.1.1) I suppose the idea makes sense, but I don't know if I want to upgrade and loose all my jailbreak stuff to try.

I have the same question Sorry I miss understood your first post.

Is there anyone running 1.1.3 and syncing over usb 1.1.

Edited by real

I was able to sync all my music videos as well as everything else. With firmware 1.1.4 useing USB 1.1.

I hope this helps

How large were the video files you synced? Most of my files range between 250-700MB. That range is where I started having problems. If you don't mind my asking, what model Mac are you using to sync your touch? Thanks for posting!!

Bladerunner is just over 700 MB. I have 6 movies and a tv show all over 250 MB each. I am syncing with wifi turned off, just like with firmware 1.1.1. I'm using a 867 mhz 12"powerbook over USB 1.1.1.

It's very very slow(syncing I mean) still but 1.1.4 is so much better.

If you have any other questions feel free to post back I will try to get them answered.

Have a good one.

real

Edited by real

That sounds great. I do have a couple more questions about 1.1.4. First off, do you have the ability to rearrange icons and add webclips without buying the software update? Secondly, is there a way to jailbreak the touch for 1.1.4? One last thing, do you know of any place I could download the 1.1.4 updater besides itunes? Going through itunes i would have to update to .2 and .3 before I could hit .4.

I just checked out iJailbreak.com and it would appear they are working on a special version of the jailbreak for the touch and 1.1.4 that also unlocks the app pack. I can't wait till this comes out and I will probably go up to 1.1.4 and try it once it is released.

yeah I to waiting for the jailbreak. I believe it will be called zitouch.