Neil

More .Mac Syncing

Neil    0

OK, I just decided to buy .Mac (I think it's overpriced, but I got it for 50 bucks on eBay, so I think I can justify it for that much) and I'm just wondering if there is a database of more than just the given syncing schemas. I know certain apps add themselves (like Transmit) but I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any other things that I can add that would be useful.

Egon    0
OK, I just decided to buy .Mac (I think it's overpriced, but I got it for 50 bucks on eBay, so I think I can justify it for that much) and I'm just wondering if there is a database of more than just the given syncing schemas. I know certain apps add themselves (like Transmit) but I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any other things that I can add that would be useful.

I have been a .Mac user since 2002. I love it... Off the top of my head I can tell you there are several apps the "Sync" but that's not my favorite part. I like the applications that Backup to my iDisk.

SOHO Notes/Organizer

Quicken

MYOB

QuickBooks Pro

All do this.

I think SOHO will Sync as well.

What do you mean by "Add"

E

Neil    0

By "add" I mean is there anyway I can have it sync files that I want (or folders) and not be limited to apps that sync them. I would put thins just on my iDisk, but I like having a local file that 1) will get backed up by Time Machine and 2) some are need by apps that have to be in a certain location.

While backing up to .mac is nice, I don't really need it since my desktop is always connect to my external drive that I use for time machine.