Sign in to follow this  
Rubbie

Birthday Reminders in iCal

I am a switcher from outlook and recently missed a birthday of a friend because iCal didn't remind me of the b-day.

I have all my birthdays set up in Address book and my iCal calendar shows them as a "subscription" not as a seperate calendar. How do I set reminders for all the birthdays? I just want a pop up like outlook does and is there anyway to have this feature on my iphone so I don't have to keep checking my calendar it just reminds me?

Thanks

Right click (or control-click) on the calendar in the list in the left hand panel in iCal and choose Get Info. By default iCal removes the alarms, so you'll need to uncheck these.

20080208-r4yg7dtx8jcdxi47dysqnrjt13.jpg

Unfortunately iCal treats the Birthdays Calendar differently for some reason, and the get info window doesn't have these options. I don't know if this will work, but you could try setting a default alarm for all items. You'll need to edit the alarm for each new item, and I'm not sure if this will apply to items that are already in iCal. You might want to disable and re-enable the birthdays calendar.

Like I said this is just a guess.

20080208-p7kritfa2gxm46n8hq6rjwkimn.jpg