Sign in to follow this  
pieman

macbook video out problems

having trouble with my video out im mirrioring the image on to my television. heres the problem every time i close the lid on my macbook the computer goes to sleep is there anyway to stop this happening.

thank you

Your Mac will sleep when you close the lid but will wake on a key/mouse/remote press, ensure that its connected to the mains though.

Im unaware of a way to stop sleep on closing the lid but perhaps someone else does?

You can get a program called InsomniacX to disable sleep (not sure if it works on leopard yet though, havent looked in awhile).

Or just make sure its plugged in and then hit a key, remote button, or mouse button to bring it into lid closed mode like zionlion said.

You can get a program called InsomniacX to disable sleep (not sure if it works on leopard yet though, havent looked in awhile).

Or just make sure its plugged in and then hit a key, remote button, or mouse button to bring it into lid closed mode like zionlion said.

This seems very dangerous as running the MacBook with the lid closed could lead to an excess buildup of heat.

It can't be THAT dangerous, or apple wouldn't allow you to do it. I can run my macbook pro with the lid closed with no hacks at all (just my external keyboard, mouse and monitor).

thanks for all your help i think the problem is that im using the s video out.