Sign in to follow this  
zionlion

iTV Take 2

Well after a morning of "boring" customised icon creation I decided to update my iTV, all went well and after about 15mins everything was up and running and I was pleased to see support for 1080p. On the down side "and it may just be me?" I have noticed that the first selection screen "the one with the boxy menu" flickers/jitters like its on some caffeine induced trip, is this normal?

Other than the small issue above and the fact that living in the UK means that i cant get the Movies just yet I thought the upgrade was ok, don't care much for the UI but love the Flickr viewing and the podcast stuff is a godsend. 7/10 ;-)

Well after a morning of "boring" customised icon creation I decided to update my iTV, all went well and after about 15mins everything was up and running and I was pleased to see support for 1080p. On the down side "and it may just be me?" I have noticed that the first selection screen "the one with the boxy menu" flickers/jitters like its on some caffeine induced trip, is this normal?

Other than the small issue above and the fact that living in the UK means that i cant get the Movies just yet I thought the upgrade was ok, don't care much for the UI but love the Flickr viewing and the podcast stuff is a godsend. 7/10 ;-)

I hope I come off to hard but I REALLY don't like the new user interface!!! :angry:

I feel like all it is is a commercial parasite on top of my home video server!

I really think apple missed the ball on this one!

No continous video playback!!

No searching movies by genres!!

the top level menu is just a pain in the neck.

The old menu was simple and uncluttered.

I'd be quite happy with an iTunes Store entry above Settings, but with Apple TV the iTunes Store impinges on everything in your library by being highest in the menu feature list.

Take iTunes - separate iTunes Store icon, I don't have to wade through Store options to play my music library.

This is to drive sales/rentals, nothing more nothing less.

iTV Oooops Apple TV ;-) well its been that long since I used the thing!!

Cant get the staff...

One of the annoyances I noticed going through "My TV Shows" or "My Movies" (ie. DVD's I've ripped myself), when going through the shows, scrolling through isn't as smooth anymore. It seems to freeze for a second or two while it refreshes the display.

Also, when I had 1080p selected (the native res of my TV), Apple TV would sometimes reset when I turned my TV on (which is connected via HDMI). I'm guessing the output protecting routine is messing up and getting confused. Anyone else seen this?

Edited by 2farrell

I just recived my Apple TV with the Take 2 software, and am in the process of setting it up. What I would like to do is move all my TV shows and movies off my mac and leave them on the Apple TV but take them off my mac.

One other thing I would like to do is move my backed-up DVD's (video TS) to the apple TV and leave them there. Is this possible? I have been unable to find into elsewhere.

What kind of set-ups or configurations do you use?