apparition

Best AIM Client

I want to use ichat to communicate with a windows user. I want to use video. What is the best AIM client on windows? Anyone know?

Thanks

I want to use ichat to communicate with a windows user. I want to use video. What is the best AIM client on windows? Anyone know?

Thanks

The best AIM client on windows is MSN but in terms of Mac to Windows Video then I use iChat to keep in-touch with friends running AOL on Windows, also don't forget Skype works throughout Windows Mac and Mobile.

I hope that one day soon Apple and Microsoft will work this out and Allow Video over iChat with MSN and Messenger, its beyond me why this has not been implemented on both sides of the Camp.

Adium is the client I have open all the time but its without Video however rumour has it that this will be incorporated in the near future ;-)

there is sortof something already for adium. there is a mebeam plugin available. its not quite built in video support, but it might even be better in a way. it seems like it plays nice with all clients and platforms. thats because when you invite someone to video chat, it sends them a link, and you actually chat through a web browser.

there is sortof something already for adium. there is a mebeam plugin available. its not quite built in video support, but it might even be better in a way. it seems like it plays nice with all clients and platforms. thats because when you invite someone to video chat, it sends them a link, and you actually chat through a web browser.

Absolutely correct Joe. It simply uses flash, so it plays well with Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Played around with a few clients but I was not happy with the video quality. I decided to use Skype for video as the quality was better.

I use skype when I'm chatting cross platform. ichat when it's with fellow mac users.

I use skype when I'm chatting cross platform. ichat when it's with fellow mac users.

I'd agree, just use skype cross platform.