Phindus

Subscribing podcast on AppleTV

I liked the review from Adam of the Apple TV Take 2 on the last episode but I just wonder if there is any way to subscribe to a podcast directly on the AppleTV or do you have to go the route through the computer and syncing? Feels somewhat irritating to have to have the video-podcasts both on the computer and the AppleTV. Favorites isn't really the same thing since I manually have to check if there are any new episodes and download them manually. I find his quite disappointing since you can easily miss episodes and they aren't ready when you turn on the AppleTV, but you have to wait for them to download. Adam just jumps over this in the last episode of the Maccast.

Adam mentioned something about adding podcasts to your favorites. See this review on Podcasting News.

You can't do it I'm afraid.

Can't believe they missed this off.

Let's hope it comes in a future update

Adam mentioned something about adding podcasts to your favorites. See this review on Podcasting News.

Yes, that is my point. Favorites isn't the same as subscribing. I think this is a big flaw, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

You can't do it I'm afraid.

Can't believe they missed this off.

Let's hope it comes in a future update

Yes, indeed.

Yes, it probably means you need to redownload the episode every time you want to watch/listen to it.

I guess, the Apple TV needs a third revision before Apple gets it right.

But I'm happy anyway. Got one cheap from the states! Over here in Europe, we didn't get the price cut (nor any video content) so I think that $329 is quite a good deal compared to the $580 they go for here :).

I guess you were lucky you got it through customs. I have had something imported from Switzerland into the EU long ago, and had to pay a 50 % premium, for custom clearance and value added tax.

I guess you were lucky you got it through customs. I have had something imported from Switzerland into the EU long ago, and had to pay a 50 % premium, for custom clearance and value added tax.

Had a special delivery (read friend) that brought it with him. I also got an iPhone this way a couple of months ago. It's quite easy as long as you don't send it by mail.

I know. This applies to life animals (cats) as well. It is often more cost effective (and better for the animal in question) to transport the pedigree cat as "cat cabin". Cats have died of exposure because they weren't properly taken care of during transit inside the US. A typical pedigree cat can cost up to $2500 USD. You don't want those animals to get ill (of die) on their way to Europe. If you do all the handling yourself (or let a friend do it), you know the cat is properly taken care of. Of course, continental flights aren't the problem; it's the national system that sucks with delays, cargo missing flights, and such.