Sign in to follow this  
MacBookinToronto

Buying an unlocked 16B iPhone- Will the new $7 Unlimited Browsing on Rogers work?

Hey everyone,

I currently have a Blackberry Pearl (no data plan though since they're overpriced and utter garbage) but my question is this:

I was planning on buying an iPhone 16GB this week.

Basically, I don't need to tell Rogers that I'm using an iPhone right? Just that I'm using a new phone, that say...my wife bought for me at full price...and then simply ask them if I can add the $7 Unlimited Browsing option to it.

So just to confirm...with my current voice/text plan ( I have unlimited SMS messaging) and potentially adding the $7 browsing add-on...will my iPhone basically be fully functional to the same extent as if I lived/bought one in the States and had an At&T plan?

Will there be any functionability that I will be missing?

So summed up: I'll have an unlocked 16GB iPhone plus a voice/SMS plan with Rogers and eventually (after I purchase the iPhone) I will add the $7 unlimited browsing option. Is there anything else I'm forgetting or I should be keeping in mind?

Thanks so much everyone!

Please, read this article before you buy your iPhone. In short, yes, they can see you're using an iPhone, and no, you cannot use the "unlimited plan" for your iPhone. Expect to pay a hefty premium (several hundreds or even thousands of dollars) if you do, on top of the $7 CAD.

Please, read this article before you buy your iPhone. In short, yes, they can see you're using an iPhone, and no, you cannot use the "unlimited plan" for your iPhone. Expect to pay a hefty premium (several hundreds or even thousands of dollars) if you do, on top of the $7 CAD.

Thanks so much for the heads up...you may have saved me a TON of money :)

THIS MAKES ME SO MAD.

i was just about to buy an iphone. my friend has one and says it works fine.

this is really frustrating.

I have an iPhone on Rogers and have a $60 or $65 data plan that covers 1 gig of data for a month (which is as close to "unlimited" as I can get) When I upgraded all I said is that I don't have a blackberry but I do like to get my mail directed to my phone. The most I have been able to use is 30megs in a month which keeps the costs under control.