CELICA XX

Gmail issues

The current version of Gmail is causing some problems on my OS X 10.4.11 system (Safari 3).

The "Newer Version" is by far, the worst.

The "Older Version" used to work for me, but recently even that stopped working. I always have Gmail open in the first tab, with maybe 3-4 other tabs open for browsing. For example, Youtube says I need a flash player when Gmail is open.

That is just one example, but many other sites also do not work.

Anyone else having the same problem?

I discovered if I used the basic HTML version of Gmail, everything seems to work fine.

The current version of Gmail is causing some problems on my OS X 10.4.11 system (Safari 3).

The "Newer Version" is by far, the worst.

The "Older Version" used to work for me, but recently even that stopped working. I always have Gmail open in the first tab, with maybe 3-4 other tabs open for browsing. For example, Youtube says I need a flash player when Gmail is open.

That is just one example, but many other sites also do not work.

Anyone else having the same problem?

I discovered if I used the basic HTML version of Gmail, everything seems to work fine.

Yeah I've noticed weird things like this too. I think it's some issue between Gmail and Safari. Not sure exactly what it is. I've found that Safari crashes alot more when I have Gmail open.

My only suggestion would be to view Gmail in Firefox until this issue w/ Safari is fixed.

My only suggestion would be to view Gmail in Firefox until this issue w/ Safari is fixed.

I'd say enable IMAP on gmail and use Mail or as I do Thunderbird. Enable "off line viewing" and you have all your mail when you don't have an internet connection as well.