Huskermn

Wireless problems with MacBook Air

:(

SORRY, SteinzartR!

I meant to delete Graham's second (duplicate) post and inadvertently deleted your topic instead.

I just read it so I'll try to recap -

You're having connection problems with your new MacBook Air.

CrossingWa suggested reapplying the 10.5.2 update manually after repairing permissions (using Disk Utility) before and after.

Graham suggests it is more likely a hardware issue and also suggested using WPA instead of WEP. You responded that your router doesn't support WPA.

I concur with Graham. I think it may even be your router that's the problem. If it's old enough to not support WPA, it might be having issues of it's own which would manifest themselves in your wireless connection.

(Hope I remember the major details)

Try unchecking the option to "Ask to Join New Networks' option from the Network System Preferences. I was having an issue with my Macbook and having it keep disconnecting me. I've unchecked it and boom, it works without issue now.

:(

SORRY, SteinzartR!

I meant to delete Graham's second (duplicate) post and inadvertently deleted your topic instead.

I just read it so I'll try to recap -

You're having connection problems with your new MacBook Air.

CrossingWa suggested reapplying the 10.5.2 update manually after repairing permissions (using Disk Utility) before and after.

Graham suggests it is more likely a hardware issue and also suggested using WPA instead of WEP. You responded that your router doesn't support WPA.

I concur with Graham. I think it may even be your router that's the problem. If it's old enough to not support WPA, it might be having issues of it's own which would manifest themselves in your wireless connection.

(Hope I remember the major details)

No problems :-) yes i think you covered the major details.

Try unchecking the option to "Ask to Join New Networks' option from the Network System Preferences. I was having an issue with my Macbook and having it keep disconnecting me. I've unchecked it and boom, it works without issue now.

Thanks for this. I tried it and it still boots me out 10mins :-(. I am going to try out upgrading to 10.5.2.

I was unable to do so over the weekend.

Let me see and hopefully it will be resolved. If not, it might just be the Router hardware thats needs to be looked at or changed.