mac_fanboy

New Airport Extreme

Okay, today I went to the Apple Store and bought an Airport Extreme. It's great, very speedy and easy to set up. I only have one issue, involving my Xbox 360. I have a linksys wireless adaptor for it, and it doesn't want to connect to my base station. If you guys have any ideas on the problem, please let me know. Also, when I go into airport utility, it no longer reads my base station configuration, so I can't change any settings o.O

thanks,

Austin

Okay, today I went to the Apple Store and bought an Airport Extreme. It's great, very speedy and easy to set up. I only have one issue, involving my Xbox 360. I have a linksys wireless adaptor for it, and it doesn't want to connect to my base station. If you guys have any ideas on the problem, please let me know. Also, when I go into airport utility, it no longer reads my base station configuration, so I can't change any settings o.O

thanks,

Austin

Hey Austin,

If you have your Extreme Base Station password protected, I would try using the hexadecimal password for it. I've found this works most of the time on my PS2.

No idea about the Airport Utility.

roog

bad news unfortunately due to Microsoft unwaivering want to alienate all mac users i recently read that the airport express and the xbox 360s are not compatible. sorry but you could always try a wired a connection.

bad news unfortunately due to Microsoft unwaivering want to alienate all mac users i recently read that the airport express and the xbox 360s are not compatible. sorry but you could always try a wired a connection.

Did you mean Airport Extreme and XBox are incompatible?

The Express and Extreme are two different devices.