Sign in to follow this  
haivu

FolderShare: Share Your Home Folder

I listened to the show #216 on 2/22/2008 and would like to suggest one more way to synchronize home folder: FolderShare. A search within the MacCast forum will tell you many people love this application. Better yet, it can sync between Mac and Windows machines, too. Check it out.

I listened to the show #216 on 2/22/2008 and would like to suggest one more way to synchronize home folder: FolderShare. A search within the MacCast forum will tell you many people love this application. Better yet, it can sync between Mac and Windows machines, too. Check it out.

I've been using Foldershare for a couple of months now to sync folders among my Macbook and to Windows XP laptops. It is easy to set up and works flawlessly. And, best of all, it's free- at least for the moment. Foldershare has been acquired by Microsoft and is now part of Windows Live (or whatever they are calling it this month). No doubt there will be a price on it soon enough. As long as the price is reasonable, I would be inclined to subscribe. Although Apple says you can mount Idisk on Windows XP, I never had any luck getting it to work. It would mount and the the next time I logged on it would disappear.

Sign in to follow this