kman101

Getting A New TV. HELP!

Tube TV or HDTV?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which One?

• 20" Tube TV
    • 19" HDTV

Hey Everyone!

I'm getting a new TV, but I have a lot of content on my Mac, and I would like to watch it on my TV. Now, I'm sure a lot of you are thinking "Get an TV." Well, that's what I'm kinda thinking, but I want your opinion.

Now, should I get just a standard 480i 20" TV/DVD combo tube TV for $199(Located Here) and then get the $50 "iPod To TV" cable(Located Here), or should I get a 720p 19" HDTV for $277(Located Here) (almost $100 more) and then get a 160GB TV(Located Here)?

What would you do?

BTW, this is just for my bedroom.

Thanks!

-Kyle

PLEASE VOTE

Edited by kman101

Hey Everyone!

I'm getting a new TV, but I have a lot of content on my Mac, and I would like to watch it on my TV. Now, I'm sure a lot of you are thinking "Get an TV." Well, that's what I'm kinda thinking, but I want your opinion.

Now, should I get just a standard 480i 20" TV/DVD combo tube TV for $199(Located Here) and then get the $50 "iPod To TV" cable(Located Here), or should I get a 720p 19" HDTV for $277(Located Here) (almost $100 more) and then get a 160GB TV(Located Here)?

What would you do?

BTW, this is just for my bedroom.

Thanks!

-Kyle

PLEASE VOTE

Well, I certainly wouldn't go anything but HD personally, especially if you plan on getting an TV. I got a refurbished TV 160gb and it's been great!

roog

Well, I certainly wouldn't go anything but HD personally, especially if you plan on getting an TV. I got a refurbished TV 160gb and it's been great!

roog

Well, I would get an TV if I got an HDTV. Otherwise I'd just get the cable. Also, I'm wondering if you need an HD Connection to use an HDTV, or can you use just a basic cable line?

Well, I would get an TV if I got an HDTV. Otherwise I'd just get the cable. Also, I'm wondering if you need an HD Connection to use an HDTV, or can you use just a basic cable line?

You don't need to get an HD connection, although it would give you the best picture. HDTVs have converting engines that take lower quality signals (like a 480 DVD signal) and upconvert it to the TV's natural resolution (ie: 720p or 1080p)

HD for my TimeWarner account doesn't cost any extra, so it was an easy choice for me, but I live in an area that has several TV providers so competition is fierce.

roog

You don't need to get an HD connection, although it would give you the best picture. HDTVs have converting engines that take lower quality signals (like a 480 DVD signal) and upconvert it to the TV's natural resolution (ie: 720p or 1080p)

HD for my TimeWarner account doesn't cost any extra, so it was an easy choice for me, but I live in an area that has several TV providers so competition is fierce.

roog

Thanks. Also, I'm sure the fact that I'm on a 13-year-old's budget (main income: Mowing lawns) will play into the option I decide on.

Go lift a tube TV and you'll have your answer :P

I say 19" hands down. Both CRT and SD are dead.