MacCast

ICC Color Profile to fix 20" AL iMac Issues

MacCast    80

I don't have a 20" iMac to try this on, but listener Gérard from the Netherlands sent me this ICC color profile for the 20" aluminum iMac that he says minimizes the display issues many are complaining about. If you try it out I would love your feedback.

Hello Adam. I have a 20inch new iMac. The display is not bad at all. I think you are spot on in the last Maccast. I to had the "washed out" icon effect in the beginning. A decent calibration solved this effect. With this profile the monitor is perfect. I'll put the ICC-profile in this e-mail. Maybe other users can benefit from it. Keep up the good work Adam.

20in_AL_iMac_fix.zip

To use it unzip the file and place the .icc file in your ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles directory. If you don't have those directories you can create them. Then open your Display System Preferences, click on the color tab and select the profile labeled 'Default'. If you don't see it you may need to uncheck the 'Show profiles for this display only' option.

macfan777    0

Hey, I'm logged in but still can't download the file - gives me "Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available." :unsure:

RailRider    0

I also don't have permission to download. It shows that 4 people have downloaded it, so obviously some people can get it. I'd like to try this to see what effect it has (although, I'm quite happy with the way my display looks now).

MacCast    80
I also don't have permission to download. It shows that 4 people have downloaded it, so obviously some people can get it. I'd like to try this to see what effect it has (although, I'm quite happy with the way my display looks now).

Sorry about that. It should work now.

stevep    0
Sorry about that. It should work now.

many thanks, My new 20" Imac arrived yesterday....

the default profile isnt the greatest,

ill try this one out.