Sign in to follow this  
maschinsky

Samsung CLP-300 Printer over Air Port Base Station

Hi!

I have my Samsung CLP-300 Printer and an Epson inkjet hooked up to the USB port on the AirPort base station (the N one) and printed happily until a couple of days ago.

For no reason I cannot print to the samsung over the network anymore. The printer shows up like it did before, but as soon as I send a print-job to it, its status light flashes a couple of times and LOOOONG after sending the job it prints a sheet that says: SPL-C Error - Including Corrupted Data and a couple of error messages.

I reinstalled the printer, looked for new drivers on the samsung homepage, reset the airport, took out the USB hub between the airport and the printer - nothing works it just stopped printing.

I have not made any changes to my system or printer and the printer works fine, when it is connected directly to the computer.

I can still print to the EPSON printer through the airport.

After spending two hours on the problem I gave up and I hope to get some help here.

Florian.

Edited by maschinsky

If the printer isn't working when directly connected to the computer (have you tried that?) I would be suspicious the problem lies with a printer malfunction (given you have tried all the other obvious solutions). The only way to rule out a printer malfunction is to attach it directly to a different computer and see if it works.

I know not much help :(.

I have not made any changes to my system or printer and the printer works fine, when it is connected directly to the computer.

I'm stumped too. You've ruled out it being a problem with the printer, and since your other printer works ok on the extreme, its unlikely it's a problem with that. That really leaves software.

I did a bit of googling on the error you gave and it seems it relates to the printer timing out. Somewhere in the driver you need to look for somewhere to increase the timeout. All the instructions I found were for windows, so I don't even know if it's possible (I bet it is though).

Another fix is to use a better quality usb cable apparently. It seems there's a problem with really long (over 6ft) and really thin (cheap) usb cables.

What are the other errors?

Edited by Graham