Sign in to follow this  
Oliver Barker

Question about internet on Windows XP Home

Don't worry! I haven't converted back to a PC, since i'm only 15 (march the third, last week!!!) i'm oviously interested in playing games, however as there arn't that many for Mac's I said what the hell, and got VMware Fusion along with Windows XP Home, lol, won't tell you how i got them though! Anyway, I've avoided using the internet on it due to the humungus virus problem with windows, however does it make a difference if I download a windows program on my mac then access it from XP? games for example, or do i need to get a anti-virus software?

Firstly, most modern games are going to suck in VMWare. You'd be better off with bootcamp for gaming. And yes, you should really be running anti virus software. Whilst your virtual machine is isolated from the rest of your mac (unless you have it sharing files with the rest of your mac, then it's not isolated at all) it is still windows. It will still get viruses, and you should be a good net citizen and not pass them on. The especially matters since you infer that you will be getting the games through dubious means, so they're more likely to have viruses.

Or you could not be a thief and pay for the games.

ok, thanks, lol, just that i've already used bootcamp to install linux on my computer so I can't do it again and don't want to as it'd leave to little memory left. Would it be possible to put it on a external USB disk (my ipod Video) and install it on there? cause when i inserted the CD to install it didn't ask for a location, I still have the .iso image if it helps.

U like my avatar??? lol

Bootcamp only supports internal drives. And your iPod's drive is so slow that even if you could do it (and I'm pretty sure you can't) it would be pretty much unusable.