Dolphbucs

SuperDocker

Hey gang. Just found this app

SuperDocker

Donationware and it has all the customization settings for the Leopard Dock you could ever want. Skin the dock shelf ( several skins included ), change the active app indicator, 2D vs 3D, app/folder divider customization, add a recent items stack, have items inside stack highlight when mouse passes over them, it even has some settings for Time Machine, Safari and Finder. A really great app IMO.

I'm still looking for something that will make it so that you cannot put items/windows behind the dock. I find this particularly annoying when apps like quark have little palettes that get "stuck" behind the dock.

I just hide the dock when using such apps

I've tried that, but then the dock pops up as soon as you mouse near it, which is arguably even more annoying. I ended up moving it to the left side, but nothing really got solved, it just shifted the problem.

I also have the dock set to a small size and size all app windows so that there is very little overlap. But perhaps you need to use Quark in full screen? If so I guess my suggestion is useless.