Sign in to follow this  
Neil

What do you use Bluetooth for?

Neil    0

I used to use the bluetooth on my mac to sync with my cell phone. I have an iPhone, I don't use that function anymore. So, besides the use of a wireless mouse and/or keyboard, there aren't too many widely used purposes for it.

What do you use Bluetooth on your mac for? Or do you?

Edited by Neil

Graham    1

Well since bluetooth has a pretty poor data rate compared to other wireless technologies, there's not much else you can really use it for other than connecting peripherals such as mice, keyboards, headsets (etc) and basic syncing. You'll see many more wireless devices such as hard drives when wireless usb or a similar technology becomes widespread.

roogie    1

I am a truck driver for FedEx, I travel every M-F. When I have layovers (maybe 2 times a month) I take my Jabra BT250v and connect it to my MBP and use my iSight camera to talk to and see my kids. They use my older PowerBook G4 connected to my Sony camcorder via FireWire so I can see them.

The Jabra connects over Bluetooth and sounds much better (I'm told) than the built in microphone on my MBP. I also use the Jabra with my iPhone.

I also use Bluetooth to transfer pictures, ringtones and movies to and from my wife's Razr phone.

roog

joshr    0

I have used my bluetooth phone headset to make voice recordings on my computer. I also use bluetooth to connect to my phone and transfer files.

Dolphbucs    2

Believe it or not, for smaller files I actually use the Bluetooth file sharing to transfer files from my iMac to my MBP