podgirl

Safari 3.1

Wow, it does seem a tad faster.

Gave me a blue screen on restart. Forced to do a hard restart from the power button.

Works now, but does not seem faster to me.

Newbie question: I'm a Firefox user trying out Safari for the first time with 3.1. How do I put separators into my Bookmarks menu?

Thanks! :)

-=Tim=-

Newbie question: I'm a Firefox user trying out Safari for the first time with 3.1. How do I put separators into my Bookmarks menu?

Thanks! :)

-=Tim=-

You don't, at least I don't think you can :<

That's one of the reasons I like Camino rather than Safari. Unfortunately, there's other features of Safari that I like better so I've forced myself to live without custom separators

- Tim

More questions on Safari. :)

I've used .Mac for synchronizing Address Book, Calendar, etc. I've turned it on for Bookmarks on both my laptop and desktop and I see it updating but it doesn't seem to be updating each other computer. Is there something else that needs to be turned on? :)

-=Tim=-

Edited by TimB

There is also a Sync Preference for when it happens. It's in the System Preferences.

Is that set up?

There is also a Sync Preference for when it happens. It's in the System Preferences.

Is that set up?

It is now and it works, thanks! :)

-=Tim=-

Good find.

There's also this if you want a different approach. I haven't tried that out though.

- Tim

Thanks for the referral but it was not easy to install so I skipped it.

I'm totally transitioned to Safari 3.1 and like it a lot! :)

-=Tim=-

Edited by TimB

I found that 3.1 did not work with "1password" at least I wasn't able to get the 1password icon by the address bar, it wouldn't show up at all.

I'd also like to add that SafariStand doesn't work with 3.1. I thought it was my dodgy javascript, but it was Safaristand blocking a JS popup on one of my sites (don't ask, whatever shitty thing the client wants, the client gets. Except flash. I hate flash too much. But I digress.).

Any way to stop Safari from opening new windows, I have turned on "Open links from applications: in a new tab in the current window" but it often opens other windows anyway. :)

Thanks!

-=Tim=-

I found that 3.1 did not work with "1password" at least I wasn't able to get the 1password icon by the address bar, it wouldn't show up at all.

Geez, I installed it and didn't even notice if the icon was still there. 1Password still works but I don't know if the icon is there.

I understand there's an upgrade for "1password" for Safari 3.1.