Sign in to follow this  
dparri526

Airport Express and Windows Devices

:angry:

I used to be able to see all of my PC systems on my network, as well as map drives to move data back and forth between my Mac and PC's. A while back I stopped seeing my PC's even though I still have internet access on the mac and can still stream between my mac and the apple TV. I have an Airport Extreme wireless N with the latest software and firmware updates. My mac is running OSX 10.5.2.

The funny thing is I can see all of my PC's, Vista and XP and map drives between them. I just can't see them from my mac.

Any help would be appreciated.

Does your Mac connect to your network via wireless access like the PC's, or is it wired directly?

Do you have the software firewall enabled on the Mac?

The mac connects wirelessly. The PCs are connected via both wireless and wired. I have a Vista PC connected directly to the Airport Express.

The firewall on the mac is disabled.

Edited by dparri526

Is it an airport extreme or express (you mention both). The ethernet port on an express is just a WAN port so it won't work in the way you describe so I'm assuming you mean Extreme.

I'd have a quick look in the sharing prefs of your mac and make sure that you've got windows sharing enabled. And just to rule out any firewall funkiness, turn off all the firewalls on both your macs and PC's temporarily.

Is it an airport extreme or express (you mention both). The ethernet port on an express is just a WAN port so it won't work in the way you describe so I'm assuming you mean Extreme.

I'd have a quick look in the sharing prefs of your mac and make sure that you've got windows sharing enabled. And just to rule out any firewall funkiness, turn off all the firewalls on both your macs and PC's temporarily.

Sorry it is an airport extreme. I will have to recheck the sharing prefs when I get home later.

Sorry it is an airport extreme. I will have to recheck the sharing prefs when I get home later.

I checked them. I have both file sharing and printer sharing checked. Still not able to see my network.

And turned off all the firewalls (including any hardware firewalls you might have?).

I have to admit, I've had some problems with networking with windows on leopard. The solution I generally use is to set static IP addresses for all the machines.

And turned off all the firewalls (including any hardware firewalls you might have?).

I have to admit, I've had some problems with networking with windows on leopard. The solution I generally use is to set static IP addresses for all the machines.

All firewalls are turned off as well.