Sign in to follow this  
ilovepoison

iPhone quit syncing after archive and install

Safari and Mail were crashing on me, so I decided to do an archive and install. Went great, no problems. Mail and Safari work. But my iTunes does not find my iPhone. It does not pop up in the devices list. My Nano syncs with iTunes. The iPhone appears in the System Profiler. When I plug the iPhone in iPhoto pops open and grabs my photos, so I know the syncing is working.

In the iTunes>Preferences>Syncing tab the iPhone does not appear either. I reset my settings on the iPhone but that did not solve anything.

Any ideas?

Edited by ilovepoison

Safari and Mail were crashing on me, so I decided to do an archive and install. Went great, no problems. Mail and Safari work. But my iTunes does not find my iPhone. It does not pop up in the devices list. My Nano syncs with iTunes. The iPhone appears in the System Profiler. When I plug the iPhone in iPhoto pops open and grabs my photos, so I know the syncing is working.

In the iTunes>Preferences>Syncing tab the iPhone does not appear either. I reset my settings on the iPhone but that did not solve anything.

Any ideas?

What do you mean by an archive and install? Do you mean you pressed the 'restore' button?