Sign in to follow this  
alanchiras

Back To The Future - Brand new in the shrink wrap...

When I was waiting for an appointment for dental work, I wandered into a Salvation Army in Marathon and could not belive what I saw! A "Brand New" still in the shrink wrap QuarkXpress for Mac 3.3 on CD. I used to own the same thing on six discs. I could not find one for sale on Ebay, but I was thinking about Selling it on-line VS. installing it on an older Mac that could boot into OS 9. I remember a problem with getting newer printers to work with quark in OS 9 for printing. I have a 1ST gen iMac in Grey at 500MZ speed. It has never been connected to the internet because it not only did not have an Airport card, but when I finally found a card, I then learned it also needed a so-called Messinene card that I don't know about.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! Alan Chiras.

Why would you want to install Quark 3 on something? I mean I guess I just don't understand. ould you use it for something or is there some other reason?

Why would you want to install Quark 3 on something? I mean I guess I just don't understand. ould you use it for something or is there some other reason?

It's the version I'm used to and it was $2 instead of Quark 7 for around $700.

Alan Chiras.

It's the version I'm used to and it was $2 instead of Quark 7 for around $700.

Alan Chiras.

Yah I get that but how about like quark 5 or something. I am sure you could find it for cheap. Or better yet get Indesign CS1 and start learning the new standard on the cheap.

Edited by joshr

Yah I get that but how about like quark 5 or something. I am sure you could find it for cheap. Or better yet get Indesign CS1 and start learning the new standard on the cheap.

I checked Ebay and the amount of used software for desktop publishing has really dried up. I even tried Ragtime, but it was a problem.

I'm just worried about printer drivers to use for an ink jet.

Thanks! Alan Chiras.