Börkur Jónsson

Swetty palms while on my macbook pro.

I'm gettin more and more frustrated with my palms sweating all up while doing longer sessions on my macbook pro. I now have to go wash my hands around every 30 mins or so. Do other people feel this aswell? If so do you have any different experiences with other models? This is my first mac so I can't really tell.

Regards, Börkur

Edited by Börkur Jónsson

i have the first gen macbook pro. My hands will get a little warm but they don't seem to get that sweaty from use, definitely not to the point where you must wash your hands every 30 mins per use.

i usually use a keyboard plugged into my macbook, so i cant really tell. but when i use it on my lap for a long time, i can definitely feel the heat in my legs, not so much my hands though. they do run pretty hot though, so i'd say its normal.

My palms sweat on any laptop, and even more so if I'm in a hot room. I've just learned to wipe my hands on my pants ever so often and try to dress appropriately (I always wear short sleeves in the winter with a coat on, so that I hopefully won't end up being hot while in class). Other then that, it doesn't really matter if you get sweat on your Macbook Pro or anything. It washes off ;)

My palms sweat on any laptop, and even more so if I'm in a hot room. I've just learned to wipe my hands on my pants ever so often and try to dress appropriately (I always wear short sleeves in the winter with a coat on, so that I hopefully won't end up being hot while in class). Other then that, it doesn't really matter if you get sweat on your Macbook Pro or anything. It washes off ;)

Actually if you have sweaty palms the acidity of the sweat will eventually start to eat away at the finish leaving a pitted black effect, google it for examples. Even better is taht apple considers it cosmetic and doesn't cover it under their warranty or apple care. So if you have sweaty palms I suggest you get something to protect the computer. The only thing I know of is from marware although I haven't looked in a while so there might be something else.

Actually if you have sweaty palms the acidity of the sweat will eventually start to eat away at the finish leaving a pitted black effect, google it for examples. Even better is taht apple considers it cosmetic and doesn't cover it under their warranty or apple care. So if you have sweaty palms I suggest you get something to protect the computer. The only thing I know of is from marware although I haven't looked in a while so there might be something else.

I never knew that. How long would something like that take? I've had my laptop for two years and I haven't noticed anything like that. Maybe i don't have as sweaty of palms as I think I do. haha

I ready abit about that, I think it only applies to the macbooks and not the macbooks pro's. The Pro's have a sturdier finnish it seams.

no, he is right it does wear away the finish. when i get home i will take some pictures of my computer and post them so you can see.

2398167933_b2b2ba9a06.jpg2398167931_34bd60def1.jpg

2398167929_b353ab9018.jpg2398167921_f5690041bf.jpg

Edited by sttrek341

You could try something like this - ChillPad

no, he is right it does wear away the finish. when i get home i will take some pictures of my computer and post them so you can see.

I have a small place on my Macbook Pro, the little indention below the keyboard but before the trackpad, and the finish came off on that part and Apple has replaced the top portion of my case once and has offered to do it again. You may want to talk to them again because from what they have told me, Applecare covers that. Just a thought.

right after it started happening i took it in and they would not do anything about it.

one of the first ones they got at the local store.

I, as well as everyone I have heard of, has had the same experience with applecare regarding this issue. They don't cover it. If you got your top panel replaced because of it thank your lucky stars and buy a lottery ticket every now and then. They are very clear that they don't cover it. It's one of the few things that really bother me about my macbook pro and apple. My system cost about 3k out the door is that not considered enough money to warrant a finish that doesn't flake off. I mean what do I have to pay to not have this problem? 4k, 5k... It's ridiculous. This is supposed to be the top of the line apple laptop and that means, in theory, one of the premier laptops in the world... and the finish flakes off... and that's not covered by the warranty???

Edited by joshr

I, as well as everyone I have heard of, has had the same experience with applecare regarding this issue. They don't cover it. If you got your top panel replaced because of it thank your lucky stars and buy a lottery ticket every now and then. They are very clear that they don't cover it. It's one of the few things that really bother me about my macbook pro and apple. My system cost about 3k out the door is that not considered enough money to warrant a finish that doesn't flake off. I mean what do I have to pay to not have this problem? 4k, 5k... It's ridiculous. This is supposed to be the top of the line apple laptop and that means, in theory, one of the premier laptops in the world... and the finish flakes off... and that's not covered by the warranty???

They need to be more clear about their warranty, because the Apple genius' I've talked to, say that my damage is covered as a defect. I can take pictures of it if it'll help, but I don't understand why the other stuff displayed earlier in the forum wouldn't be covered.

i took my computer in the condition that the pictures show and they said it was not covered. they said that i had somehow caused the damage they could do nothing about it.