Sign in to follow this  
tumblingari

Free Forum Creator

I am looking for a site that will allow you to create your own forum for free. I understand that they will display adds, allowing them to make money, but I don't know if there are ones that are particularly good compared to others. Thanks.

Ari

I haven't look, but if you need an impromptu discussion board that is not secured and not permanent, then try this: http://javajax.org:8080/foo

Replace foo with whatever you like. Click on the first icon (the hat) and change your clipboard from plain text to message board.

phpbb.net gives you a free, very powerful forum with no ads. Or if it's only a very low-usage solution and you feel adventurous, you could run your own server easily through MAMP...

Probably not necessary here, but I should remind people that you need to have a community first, before starting your own community website. Adam didn't have this forum from the start, only after he saw there was a community needing such a facility. It saves Adam a lot of searching online, because we answer some of the questions Mac users have for him.

I see too many forums only having two or three members (or even only one member) and almost no posts, begging for members.

Edited by Ignoracious

Yeah , and I've seen lots of those die quick deaths also. Why not start a blog with comments first and see how that goes?