Macsmile4

Online Storage

Hi All,

I need a way to share pictures and video between my family, which is split between the UK and Australia. I have heard a few people say that having an online storage accout that every family member can access is a good idea. Do any of you guys know about any good storage services?

Thanks

Hi All,

I need a way to share pictures and video between my family, which is split between the UK and Australia. I have heard a few people say that having an online storage accout that every family member can access is a good idea. Do any of you guys know about any good storage services?

Thanks

Try XDrive

http://www.xdrive.com/

They offer 5GB free storage with the ability to share files with friends and family

Hope it helps,

Sam

I use dreamhost as my web host, and they give me such a stupid amount of space (about 250Gb I think), I backup my entire home folder there too.

They're pretty reasonable too, $120 (us) for all that space, and since you pay for it, you get decent support in the unlikely even they go down.

I use dreamhost as my web host, and they give me such a stupid amount of space (about 250Gb I think), I backup my entire home folder there too.

They're pretty reasonable too, $120 (us) for all that space, and since you pay for it, you get decent support in the unlikely even they go down.

How do you go about backing up to DreamHost Graham, FTP?

Also, SiteGround has a better deal for web hosting, its about $US75 per year and includes 750GB of disk space, plus all the other features

No, I have a WebDAV folder set up and I use chronosync to back stuff up. I only do that one weekly though, since it takes a while.

Hi All,

Thanks

My brother and I have been looking into the same thing. We found Zenfolio to be great for that. Its 40.00 per year for unlimited photo's,

and you can upload full sized images, and your familly can download the images that they like also full sized. The viewer is fast and displays

the photo's at a good size and you can choose costumized templates as well. I'm not sure about the video's though I thing there is that option

but might cost more.

http://www.zenfolio.com/

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will take a look at them later, I only have a little while to post. I was originally looking at .Mac, but realized that it was a rip-off, it costs £120 a year for the family pack, which is only 5 people, and only 20GB of storage. No way.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

I use www.smugmug.com to share my photos and videos. This is a photo site but can also show videos with a power user account. The site supports H.264. The power user account costs 59.95 USD per year. This is a higher end photo site that I am very happy with.

I would also check to see the response time in both locations.