macfan777

Jailbroken iPhones/iPod Touches getting more common

Just saw a Radio Shack ad in today's paper that had an iPod Touch advertised - and in the picture it had Installer.app! I think I remember hearing a figure that somewhere around 50% of all iPhones are now jailbroken - correct me if I'm wrong.

Just saw a Radio Shack ad in today's paper that had an iPod Touch advertised - and in the picture it had Installer.app! I think I remember hearing a figure that somewhere around 50% of all iPhones are now jailbroken - correct me if I'm wrong.

That's pretty cool

Well in my experience, it's nowhere near 50%. 5% would be closer to what I've seen.

I agree that jailbroken iPhones and iPod touches are becoming more acceptable. That is a perception and has nothing to do with actual numbers. I guess no one knows how many of the iPhones and iTouches are jailbroken. We even don't exactly know how many are sold. Apple should know, but they surely not going to tell us how many they estimate are jailbroken. I'm sure they even don't mention the term jailbreaking, because, from Apple's perspective the devices are totally open and user-friendly.

Edited by Ignoracious