Sign in to follow this  
ugarte

MacBook EFI Firmware Update 1.2

Software update downloaded the MacBook EFI Firmware Update 1.2. My understanding is that my Boot ROM Version should be MB31.008E.B02 but it is still MB31.008E.B01. Am I supposed to manually start the firmware update after software update downloads the update file?

Ignoracious, thanks for the reply. When you logged in as administrator, did you also have to manually start the firmware update?

Just to clarify though .... if your Mac doesn't show the update available through Software Update in a limited user, it still won't in Admin if your Mac doesn't require the update.

In other words, if software update doesn't show it under limited user, you don't need to log in as admin to double check.

Edited by Dolphbucs

In other words, if software update doesn't show it under limited user, you don't need to log in as admin to double check.

In my case, the update showed up under limited user, but it couldn't install, because the EFI installer didn't ask for admin privileges. That is because I have my Applications folder password protected, as an extra security measure. Normally, an installer asks for the admin credentials, however, this particular installer for the EFI upgrade is somewhat different and assumes you don't have the Applications folder locked down.

So, I had no choice than to log in as an admin user.