Sign in to follow this  
work and turn

Wirelss USB Stick

Hi guys.

A few weeks back I did a crazy thing and bought a second hand G5 Tower, only problem it didnt come with the wi-fi card built in. Ive checked out installing the wi-fi card and it seems more hassel than its worth so Im looking at getting a USB stick.

What I want to know is do they all work automatically or do I have to get something that specifically states mac compatible. Ive seen a d-link g compatible usb wireless stick for €20 which will serve me well, but I cant find anything that insures that it will work with a mac.

So what say you? Any recommendations, problems???

Cheers people

James

Hi guys.

A few weeks back I did a crazy thing and bought a second hand G5 Tower, only problem it didnt come with the wi-fi card built in. Ive checked out installing the wi-fi card and it seems more hassel than its worth so Im looking at getting a USB stick.

What I want to know is do they all work automatically or do I have to get something that specifically states mac compatible. Ive seen a d-link g compatible usb wireless stick for €20 which will serve me well, but I cant find anything that insures that it will work with a mac.

Cheers people

James

It will need to state that it's mac compatible because it will need to have drivers to make it work.

This is a good place to get one that just works:

http://www.macwireless.com/

Pat

Hi guys.

Cheers people

James