chucklehman

Lost my Network Printing

At home I have a iBook running 10.4x attached to a USB HP printer with print sharing enabled. Prior to upgrading to 10.5.x on both my G4 Powerbook and my Intel iMac I could do network printing from my iMac and PB. Ever since the upgrade to 10.5 every time I try to print from one of those machines it quicks the application and gives me a error message..."The application quit unexpectedly. The problem may have been caused by the hp_aio_print2_pde plug-in." I tried looking for the plug in but can't find it.

Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

Have you updated the driver to one that's compatible with Leopard? Although Tiger and Leopard might look similar, they're very different under the hood, so you'll most likely need to update the printer driver.

Have you updated the driver to one that's compatible with Leopard? Although Tiger and Leopard might look similar, they're very different under the hood, so you'll most likely need to update the printer driver.

Yes, I have updated the print drivers. Does the error code tell you anything?

Yes, it's referring to your driver. It's crashing. what is the specific model of printer and version of the driver you've got installed?

Yes, it's referring to your driver. It's crashing. what is the specific model of printer and version of the driver you've got installed?

Thanks for your response. It is a HP DJ PSC 1610 printer running version 9.7 print driver set (updated 10/07). Thanks for your help.

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers then reinstalling them from scratch?

And I'm assuming you can still print fine from the iBook? It might just be that there's a problem printing from a leopard machine when the printer is attached to a tiger machine. Is upgrading the iBook to leopard out of the question?

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers then reinstalling them from scratch?

And I'm assuming you can still print fine from the iBook? It might just be that there's a problem printing from a leopard machine when the printer is attached to a tiger machine. Is upgrading the iBook to leopard out of the question?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that later this week. Yes, printing from the iBook is fine. Upgrading to 10.5 is questionable since the iBook is a G3... a great excuse however to replace with a new MacBook!!!

Just to make sure it is a problem on the iBook's end, hook the printer up to one of your other macs and try printing over the network. You might also want to consider getting an airport express to provide this functionality.

Just to make sure it is a problem on the iBook's end, hook the printer up to one of your other macs and try printing over the network. You might also want to consider getting an airport express to provide this functionality.

Thanks... I do have a wireless router (Belkin) that has been functioning fine.

But my point is, you can plug your printer directly into the airport express and it will provide wireless printing to all of your macs.

But my point is, you can plug your printer directly into the airport express and it will provide wireless printing to all of your macs.

I will try that this week. Thanks.

I know you probably will have, but have you tried looking in the sharing area of system proferences and made sure that the mac thats plugged into the printer have the setting, printer sharing checked? lol

I know you probably will have, but have you tried looking in the sharing area of system proferences and made sure that the mac thats plugged into the printer have the setting, printer sharing checked? lol

Yes, I have done that and it is working. I am going to try to uninstall the HP software completely and then reinstall.

Yes, I have done that and it is working. I am going to try to uninstall the HP software completely and then reinstall.

Just a note of thanks. By doing a complete removal of HP printing sw on the iBook and a fresh reinstall everything is back to normal. Thanks for your help.