jarthur

Need to convert old Zip Drive info

jarthur    0

I have a bunch of old Zip Drives that I need to get the info off and to a CD or DVD and I can't get my Zip to be recognnized on my 10.4 mac machines.. Does anyone have a working Zip drive that they would transfer the info for me? Or suggestions on how to get my Zip to work..it spins, but it no see. Thanks,J

rmsmits    0

Was your computer formerly running OS 9 with the Zip disk? If so, you need to update your Iomega driver. If it's making a clicking or clunking noise, it's probably dead - zip drives were notorious for dying like this.

jarthur    0
Was your computer formerly running OS 9 with the Zip disk? If so, you need to update your Iomega driver. If it's making a clicking or clunking noise, it's probably dead - zip drives were notorious for dying like this.

Yes, absolutely used it w/OS 9 before. Thanks, I will give that a try. Drive seems to be working. I got it to read on my PC and the disks formatted for that machine..Jon

zionlion    0
I have a bunch of old Zip Drives that I need to get the info off and to a CD or DVD and I can't get my Zip to be recognnized on my 10.4 mac machines.. Does anyone have a working Zip drive that they would transfer the info for me? Or suggestions on how to get my Zip to work..it spins, but it no see. Thanks,J

Have you looked for updates/drivers for your device? If not can you get access to a Windows machine?

Spaceman    0
Have you looked for updates/drivers for your device? If not can you get access to a Windows machine?

I hope this is not inappropriate, however, I have a Zip 250 drive for sale on ebay. It ends in just under two hours so I don't know if you will get this in time. It is only up to $9.99 so far.

Link is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260242030011

This may help you out.

Spaceman