Egon

Switcher Switches Again

Egon    0

I thought that I would give a brief recount of my story here that it might help others.

about 7 years ago I started drooling for a Mac. About 6 years ago, I got my first one. Now, I have helped more than 20 people convert and counting. Because tomorrow I will order 9 Mac Minis to replace the aging, ailing, anemic, and annoying Windows Desktops in our Non-Profit Agency. This story is a long, painful one over the last 5 years, however, last month I ordered 2 G5 PowerMacs off ebay and 2 copies of Leopard Server from Apple to upgrade/move our Non-Profit Adoption and Foster Care agency to the Mac. I am the only IT guy so I wanted to choose a platform that was/is inexpensive, robust, reliable and scaleable. So in the next week or so, when the Mini's arrive, I will be switching all the desktop users to OS X in one day. (Well, I'll be pulling their stuff over the weekend and they will have their new machines on Monday morning when they come in).

Another $30,000 and I'll have all the laptops replace. Will be a long haul to get there, but worth the wait. I am looking forward to the day where the entire network is All Mac and I can say... "Windows? We don't need no stinking Windows."

E

Huskermn    33

I applaud and appreciate your efforts.

Good job!!!

macfan777    0

Awesome! I wish our school would do that, but all our IT guys are used to Windows and don't want to change over. <fumes silently>

My school I doubt would ever think about it! All the IT Technicians are absolute idiots, for example they backup the servers every day but only store 3 days worth!

fermat    0
My school I doubt would ever think about it! All the IT Technicians are absolute idiots, for example they backup the servers every day but only store 3 days worth!

They only save 3 days of diffs? or 3 complete backups?

macboer    1

So how did it go?

please keep us informed.

;)