apparition

Problem with itunes movie rental

Last night I decided to rent a movie - The Usual Suspects (only .99 what a deal). The movie downloaded fine but before it copies itself to the right folder I get this message.

"We could not complete your iTunes Store request. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation. There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try later."

This is what I have done so far but nothing helped.

1) corrected disk permissions

2) read apple discussion forum

3) checked fold permissions for the music folder

4) rebooted (habit from the windows days)

I am not sure what to do. Is there a folder the rental movie is trying to save to that is not in the music folder?

Thank you for you help.

Have you had a successful rental previous to this one? I'm curious if you're doing something different this time than before, although if this is your first rental, then there are other problems.

Are you logged in as the administrator? I'm not sure if that would make a difference, but it couldn't hurt to try.

You might also try deleting the preferences for iTunes (I believe the file is called something like UserName/Preferences/iTunes.plist) - then when you restart iTunes, it'll re-create that file again. That should clear up any odd bugs it's having.

Another thought - do you have any parental settings turned on in iTunes regarding movies? If not, maybe try turning them on and then back off again.