Sign in to follow this  
tmack

iPhone drives iPod crazy

When I place my iPhone near my 5g iPod while I'm listening to it, it causes the volume to go up and down. Is it the GSM doing it? Like when you place it near speakers? Just curious.

When I place my iPhone near my 5g iPod while I'm listening to it, it causes the volume to go up and down. Is it the GSM doing it? Like when you place it near speakers? Just curious.

Yes, the iPhone is a radio transmitter and receiver (the GSM radio) and it messes with click wheels inductiion. Since your iPod is most likely in the mode where you can change volume with the click wheel, it does this because of the interference.

roog

Yes, I've had the same thing when driving. It's not a huge change in levels though.

I found clipping the iPhone to the Sun Visor and putting my iPod on the seat next to me or between the seats in the cargo net doesn't cause this problem.

Edited by 2farrell