Sign in to follow this  
TimB

Delete on restart

Here's something I hadn't run into before.

I got a message that Macintosh HD was almost full and when I checked I had 140kb left!!! So I ran WhatSize to see where the problem was as I usually have over a 100GB free on that drive. I found a library called something like "Delete on Restart" or "Remove on Restart" with a couple of photo libraries inside it adding up to 116GB. Now I run both iPhoto and Aperture but had never had this issue before.

I restarted and, of course, the libraries freed up but does anyone have a clue what this is and how it happens?

-=Tim=-

Edited by TimB

I'd say, if possible back those up to an external hard drive and then delete them... If they continue to be a pain, then maybe a full backup to external then wipe-and-reload would be in order...

If they re-appear and you've not got an answer then add a post showing the file name (not a just rough idea as before) and the full path name as those will be more valuable for others to consider.

If they re-appear and you've not got an answer then add a post showing the file name (not a just rough idea as before) and the full path name as those will be more valuable for others to consider.

Will do and point taken. :)

-=Tim=-