Sign in to follow this  
big_rich1

Applications quiting unexpectedly in Tiger 10.4.2

Suddenly all my applications seem to close unexpectedly. Ive not changed anything on my machine and its bang up to date. I running a PowerMac Dual 2.0 with the latest version of Tiger. Can anyone help?

What apps are quitting? and do they all constantly quit, or is it just an occasional thing? If it is as bad as it sounds in your original post, I Have no clue. if there are specific apps that quit, it may just be a stability issue with Tiger. Also, is this since an upgrade to Tiger, or did you get the machine with Tiger on it?

Its mainly macromedia programs like Flash and Fireworks, but it does occasionally happen with iPhoto.

Its been better recently, don't know why, I haven't done anything.

I've upgraded to Tiger, bought my mac about 2 weeks before they anounced the release date for Tiger so I had to pay for it separately. Don't get me started. :lol:

Its mainly macromedia programs like Flash and Fireworks, but it does occasionally happen with iPhoto.

Its been better recently, don't know why, I haven't done anything.

I've upgraded to Tiger, bought my mac about 2 weeks before they anounced the release date for Tiger so I had to pay for it separately. Don't get me started. :lol:

That is very odd then! I just did a quick search over at Apple Discussions, and didn't find anything, but you may want to look there for a little while. I can say I don't have any issues with Dreamweavre, but that is the only Macromedia application I have installed.

Sorry, I couldn't have been of more help!

http://discussions.apple.com

I'm running Flash, Dreamweaver and Fireworks, and none of them crash at all, really... the only one I have trouble with is Fireworks running really, really slow... I know that doesn't help a lot, but I guess it just shows that it's not a Macromedia / Tiger integration thing, but more specific to your system...

I know its off topic but I would love to know if you have issues with Flash loading times when you are connected to an ethernet port. If Im online flash takes 5-10 minutes to load up but is almost instant when Im off line

I know its off topic but I would love to know if you have issues with Flash loading times when you are connected to an ethernet port. If Im online flash takes 5-10 minutes to load up but is almost instant when Im off line

hmmmm... that's a good question... I'm actually at work right now, on a PC, so I can't test it for you know... I'll give it a try when I get home. However, I have a wireless network, so if it is an ethernet thing, I wouldn't be able to tell, only a connected-to-the-internet thing...

I've been having the same problem with macromedia apps quitting on me. Any suggestions??