Huskermn

WWDC Keynote

Both ArsTechnica and The Unofficial Apple Weblog have the details.

No big surprises (unless you count a White iPhone) - 3G iPhone with GPS, a regular headphone jack and cheaper priced, lots of games and other third party apps available in July. Oh, and .Mac becomes MobileMe.

• Like 1

already sold my old iphone to some kid today for 315 (new 8gb ones are 199 for those that didnt hear yet). i feel dirty. not really though. hah. i'm counting down to july 11.

Has anyone noticed that the new iPhone doesn't include a dock in the box?

I'm kind of peeved that you can't buy it online.... I don't want to wait in long lines or have to wait 6 months due to low production....

I had to have my iPhone reset a few months ago and lost my notes. Then last month my touch screen went wonky and I had to have my iPhone replaced. Lost my notes AGAIN! Why did they not mention sync'ing notes? Drives me crazy!

And no mention of coy paste either. Although compatibility with iLife implies copy paste function...

Susan Gross

Colorado Springs, CO

<www.susangrosstprs.com>

Why would you lose your notes? You'd just restore your iPhone from the backup on your computer and all is well.

What makes you say iLife compatibility implies copy and paste? I expect it to just be read only like MS word and excel docs are currently.

In Australia it's on Optus and Vodafone PREPAY!! I'm so glad they did this I can't possibly think of any way could have done it, it's way better than in the US. This is a great decision because all the kids including me wil go out and buy it. I hope they don't put the price up a lot for the prepay version.

Well they're obviously going to have to since the regular price is heavily subsidised since apple and the phone networks aren't doing revenue sharing from the monthly contract (which allows them to release it on payg). I also expect it to work out more expensive in the long run than the equivalent contracts since you'll have to top up £X per month to keep the visual voicemail and unlimited data.

That would be the most obvious thing they would do but steve specifically said that the new iPhone will be max $199 internationally.

He didn't say whether it would need a contract or not - and said in almost all the countries.

Edited by Graham

I guess that means in Australia the iPhone will be the same $199 and $299 with an expensive contract, then something like $499 and $599 on prepaid.