Sign in to follow this  
Thunder1979

MobileMe

Is it me or does the new MobileMe, give some nice features by taking away some features, like where is the iWeb to be able to create the podcast and blog sites at just trying to get some feedback on the new service and maybe some of the maccast fans that might of got to go to WWDC has more insight on what it really able to do

As far as I can tell all that will remain the same. From Apple:

Mac integration you know and love. With MobileMe, you'll continue to enjoy features that take advantage of seamless integration with Mac OS X and iLife - Back to My Mac; access to your iDisk in the Finder; Mac-to-Mac syncing of Dock items, preferences, and more; iWeb site publishing; and photo and movie sharing directly from iPhoto '08 and iMovie '08.

As far as I can tell all that will remain the same. From Apple:

Mac integration you know and love. With MobileMe, you'll continue to enjoy features that take advantage of seamless integration with Mac OS X and iLife - Back to My Mac; access to your iDisk in the Finder; Mac-to-Mac syncing of Dock items, preferences, and more; iWeb site publishing; and photo and movie sharing directly from iPhoto '08 and iMovie '08.

[insert Sarcastic Remark]

And continuing the slow as molasses downloads from hosted sites.

[End Sarcastic Remark]

If they're going to encourage people to use their services, for Pete's sake speed up the downloads.

Videos take an annoyingly long time (I have a 3 minute, 100MB HD Video, takes 15 mins on .mac, same video takes 4 mins on my Siteground account).