Sign in to follow this  
mobilexile

Color management hardware

I know there are several photographers and designers here. Wanted to ask what you're all using for color management hardware. I'm in the market for a solution to calibrate my Apple display properly. Anyone have a favorite? I'm more looking for quality than a bargain.

Thanks for any and all posts.

I bought the Spyder 2 suite, which comes with Print fix plus software and wish I had have apted for a more advanced package.

I find it seems to calibrate my imac fine, but still can't seem to get my prints looking anything like my screen.

At work I used an eyeone unit that costs about $1000 and at home I don't use anything. My screen did look better after using the eyeone unit but like neil the prints still don't match. I didn't really think it mattered much but then I stopped in at my buddies agency and his displays were so far off it was unbelievable. Not cinema displays though. Anyway after that little rambling story the bottom line is this, you need to have a color calibrated screen but you also have to either get a color profile from your printer or make one for your own printer for the system to be complete. So if price isn't an issue look for a unit that will also profile the printer.