Sneazy

DVD+R or DVD-R?

DVD+R or DVD-R? Which one is better? I heard it was +R but I also heard there is compatibility issues with older players. What do you guys prefer? Any Pointers would be great. Thanks!

-Cheers

I just get whichever is cheaper. Just make sure that any players you have will run both.

I don't think it makes a difference as long as your burner supports them.

Even the cheapest DVD player will be able to play burned DVDs, I have a $29 Walmart special in my kid's play room and it plays +R and -R just fine, it's always been the burners that like certain kinds in my experiences. The Pioneer brand burners I have seem to be the least pickiest, but my Matshita (Panasonic) drives in my PowerBook and MacBook Pro definitely like -R better.

roog

This is not quite what you're asking but... I mainly user DVD-RWs and DVD+RWs and find that certain PCs struggle to read the former when written on a G4 Mac mini (MATSHITADVD-R UJ-845) yet are fine when I bang them out on an Intel Core Duo Mac mini (MATSHITADVD-R UJ-846) or a Intel Core 2 Duo Mac mini (drive type unknown as it's in for repair after just nine months). I've also tended to find more compatibility with +RWs than -RWs. So, it's not an exact science.

Supposedly [the specs say] you can use either but I have had my system refuse to burn -r occasionally.

@joshr, i have tried both and my computer will refuse to burn dvd+rw.

all and all i have mostly always used dvd-r is every computer i own and there has not been a problem unless i had scratched the disc.

@joshr, i have tried both and my computer will refuse to burn dvd+rw.

all and all i have mostly always used dvd-r is every computer i own and there has not been a problem unless i had scratched the disc.

crazy drives