sttrek341

automatically switch to iphone

this is a question for all those web designers out there.

i want to make my site automatically detect and switch to the iphone specific page when accessed from the phone.

this is a question for all those web designers out there.

i want to make my site automatically detect and switch to the iphone specific page when accessed from the phone.

I'm not a Web Designer but take a look here near the bottom of the page (Google is your friend :D )

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/detect_apple_...ite_server.html

Edited by 2farrell

I guess if you use a framework, you don't have to switch to another page, but just serve another page. However, you'll need to have such a framework installed, and know how to program in it. I guess, because it is so popular, you have the most chance of finding a PHP script. As long as your web page doesn't have too many visits per day, this should work. If you're planning larger (e.g. digg.com), you'll need some scaling tricks. I'm not a web programmer, so I can't help you there, unfortunately. However, EC2 from Amazon seems to be a nice solution.

Doing this through PHP will work fine. If you're talking digg sized sites, then you should be talking to a professional, since this would be the least of your worries.

I believe you can do this through javascript too, but I've not used this method.