Sign in to follow this  
Ron in KY

Loopt question regarding GPS in 3G

I am looking for a way for my parents, and possibly friends to know where I am and what I am doing throughout the day. I travel a lot and I was thinking of getting one of thos Spot GPS receiveres that for $149 you can set it to every 10 minutes send your position to a satellite and anyone of your family can go to a website and see your most recent position.

Now in the Loopt presentation it looks like if you run this program it will use the GPS and update your position on the loopt network, and friends who are subscribed to you can see these update every so often or do you have to force an update? And can someone without a smart phone access your locatio on a PC or mac? cause my family doesnt have cell phones.

Im just wondering if anyone has used this loopt with other smart phones with GPS and how does it work... in regards to updating your position for family members to check whenever throughout a day, as long as you are in the AT&T network.

You would have to tell it to update manually as Apple won't be allowing apps to run in the background.