Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Elessedil Kjeserud

International iPhone prices

EDIT: I made this post about the norwegian prices for the iPhone, but I'd rather make it a collection post for all international prices. Please keep it tidy and in USD. Thanks

This will just be a direct currency conversion with todays current.

Three subscription plans, iTalk small, medium and large.

• Small:
  • 100 Minutes
  • 100 SMS
  • 100 MB of data
  • $78.99 a month
  • $275 for 8GB
  • $452 for 16GB

• Medium
  • 250 Minutes
  • 250 SMS
  • 250 MB of data
  • $138 a month
  • $136 for 8GB
  • $314 for 16GB

• Large
  • 1000 Minutes
  • 1000 SMS
  • 1000 MB of data
  • $217 a month
  • $176 for 8GB
  • $0.19 for 16GB

Use over the prepaid amount: Call to same operator: $0.07 minute, Some other carriers: $0.19, Others: $0.26, SMS $0.13, 1 MB of data: $1.97

So there you have it. I'm really really disappointed. Not so much about the price, but the data. I was really hoping for either free data on all plans or separate phone and data plans. The big jaw dropper here is the whopping $1.97 for 1MB of data, if you go over the prepaid amount. Worth mentioning is "Free Wlan". Our carrier, NetCom, has something called HomeRun, which is Wlan hot spots, however, there's not many of them, and only in selected cafes and hotels.

Graham    1

I think I might have gone over 250Mb of EDGE once (and that was when I didn't have internet access for nearly a month), so the medium would be fine for most people (I'm a pretty heavy user).

I think I might have gone over 250Mb of EDGE once (and that was when I didn't have internet access for nearly a month), so the medium would be fine for most people (I'm a pretty heavy user).

Yeah, I think you're right on that. My girlfriend is gonna go with the small, as she doesn't need that much data. Even the small can be enough for a lot of people. Forgot to say, we're linked as a family at the carrier, so my gf and I call for free to each other.

Ignoracious    1

In Canada, the following tariffs apply:

• phone service outside weekdays is unlimited
  • visual voicemail is included
  • Rogers Wireless and Fido hotspots are free and unlimited
  • additional data: 50¢ per MB for the first 60 MB, 3¢ per MB thereafter
  • additional SMS: 15 ¢/message

Monthly fee: 60 CAD (59,52 USD)

• weekday phone: 150 min./month
  • data: 400 MB/month
  • SMS: 75/month
  • additional phone: 35 ¢/minute

Monthly fee: 75 CAD (74,40 USD)

• weekday phone: 300 min./month
  • data: 750 MB/month
  • SMS: 100/month
  • additional phone: 35 ¢/minute

Monthly fee: 100 CAD (99,20 USD)

• weekday phone: 600 min./month
  • data: 1 GB/month
  • SMS: 200/month
  • additional phone: 25 ¢/minute

Monthly fee: 115 CAD (114,08 USD)

• weekday phone: 800 min./month
  • data: 2 GB/month
  • SMS: 300/month
  • additional phone: 15 ¢/minute

(source: Rogers Wireless)

Edited by Ignoracious

Ignoracious    1

We don't know what the iPhone 8 and 16 GB will cost in Canada, but it seems the Norwegians are getting a worse deal than the Canadians.

Here in the Netherlands, where the iPhone 3G will be sold on July 11 as well, T-Mobile hasn't published much, only that the cheapest plan will be 29.95 EUR (47.21 USD, including 19 % VAT), with unlimited data and 1400 free wifi hotspots (T-Mobile and KPN). No indication what the iPhone will cost, the amount of phone minutes, and what the other plans are. This is the best deal so far, even better than the US deal, it seems. It must be that there is enough competition (three large independent carriers for 15 million inhabitants). Dutch plans tend to be lower than in the surrounding countries, such as Germany.

Edit: Oops, maybe Great-Britain is getting a better deal than the Netherlands. That O2 deal seems to be pretty sweet.

Edited by Ignoracious

jslondon    0

Three.com.hk, the official carrier in Hong Kong has posted its prices (http://iphone.three.com.hk/website/en/iplan.html)

4 sets of airtime prices, so I will sample the 2nd lowest, and let you look at the link directly. Prices are translated to USD:

8gb unit USD 223 initial payment and subscription plan of USD 35.00 per month; 24 month contract.

16 gb unit at USD 325 initial payment. In both cases you need to make an up front deposit equal to several months subscription pre payment.

Provides 800 min per month talk time, and 900 mins "heart to heart" (like friends and family on same network).

500 mb per month of data usage, and unlimited SMS on same network. USD 0.09 per message out of network after 25 messages.

can't wait till July 11.

Ignoracious    1

http://www.t-mobile.nl/iphone/

There are three non-business 2-year contracts. All plan include free visual voicemail, unlimited 2048/384 Kbps 3G mobile Internet connections and 1400 free wifi hotspots from both KPN and T-Mobile. Using more SMSes or phone minutes than the contract provides costs 25 eurocents per SMS/minute.

$47.02 USD/month

150 phone, 150 SMS, 8GB iPhone 125.51 USD, 16 GB iPhone 251.11 USD

$70.57 USD/month

300 phone, 300 SMS, 8GB iPhone $1.57 USD, 16GB iPhone $125.51 USD

$101.97 USD/month

500 phone, 500 SMS, 8GB iPhone $1.57 USD, 16GB iPhone $31.32 USD

All prices are including 19 % VAT.

This is a very good deal in my opinion. The business plan are even more competitive. Especially for those in business who are heavy phone users, the 8 GB model iPhone is going to be the perfect business gift, for just 1 euro.

Edit: Ah, there is a hidden cost: 52.50 euros setup fees ($82.42 USD), which seems to be normal for T-Mobile.

Edited by Ignoracious

Glenn1983    0

I'm not going to buy an iPhone inmediately. In my country (Belgium) the prices to buy the iPhone are outrageous. For the 8 GB iPhone 3GS, we pay 575 euros (818,713 US dollar), for the older iPhone 3G prices dropped down to "only" 475 euros (676,328 US dollar). The reason for those high prices is a Belgian law forbidding conventional sales or vendor lock-in. It means that a provider isn't allowed to sell the iPhone + a subscription to their services. They have to sell them separately. It leads to a really weird situation. Apple agreed with the provider Mobistar that only Mobistar can sell the iPhone in Belgium. But they can't include a subsription to Mobistar services, because the law wants the customer be free to use the service provider he wants. Of course, a Mobistar vendor will try to convince the customer to become a Mobistar subscriber (in fact a normal reaction). What's the result? It means in daily life there is conventional sale, but for seperate prices. Customers pay a lot of money to buy their iPhone and they pay a high subscription fee separately.

Belgian politicians are aware of the situation, and they discussed about the sense of the law forbidding conventional sale. The government agreed that this law was a disadvantage for the customers. They're making up a preposition for a new law that admits conventional sale (by most people referred to as iPhone-law). But they're still waiting for the Council of State's (le Conseil d'Etat, de Raad van State, der Staatsrat) advice. This Council has to determine that the new law doesn't violate higher ranked Belgian laws or EU legislation. If they consider it does, they can reject the law. Maybe the bill will come in Parliament in September. If they accept the new law, maybe (hopefully) prices drop down.

So I wait for a while...

Edited by Glenn1983

chris-w    0

here in australia, we can at least by the iphone unlocked..(at last)

they are bought at the apple shop and the prices are

1) 16 gb white or black costs us $aus879.00 . this is includes a 10% tax.

2)32gb white or black costs us.....4AUS 1040.00 includeds a 19% (gst)

3)8gb..black costs us $aus 719.00 includies a 10% tax (gst)

then you can insert any sim card that you want to use.

i would think this is thebest way to go as the phone companies cause a person to get a headache trying to sort thru the varies phone plans on offer.

regards

chris watts

bebe33    0

The iPhone in New Zealand (and Australia and the UK) is priced pretty much exactly the same as the US. If you take the base US price for an iPhone, do a currency conversion, and then add taxes, the price for the phone is the same. It seems the same is true for other Apple products too. Intereesting huh!? I think Adam mentioned this on a show some time ago.

You can buy the phones unlocked in New Zealand too, but of course signing up with a 24 month contract makes the phone much cheaper - ranging from about a 10% to 100% subsidy.

I pay US$30 per month for my plan, which includes 600 texts, 60 minutes of calling, 3 gig of data, unlimited pixt. I don't make a lot of phone calls so this plan is good for me. If I use up my minutes, I pay 0.60c a minute for calls, ouch!

Edited by bebe33