TimB

Simple Recording

I think I'm trying to crack a peanut with a sledgehammer. :)

My wife is a therapist who gives her clients a copy of their session after each session. Its an audio recording of what was said by both parties. In the past she's used cassettes but fewer and fewer people have cassette players so she's going to move to burning audio CDs.

I was going to use Garageband to do this but the mixdown process is VERY slow and she doesn't need that much sophistication. Just the ability to record and burn.

I can make this work having her use Audacity and she can then drop the file into iTunes to burn. Is there an easier, maybe just one-step, way to do this? Audacity/iTunes isn't too bad but a one-step solution would be better than a two-step one.

Thanks for any ideas! :)

-=Tim=-

Edited by TimB

Before iTunes included burning capability I was a huge fan of Toast. I'm fairly sure it could do what you want.

Check it out - Toast Listen overview

Why don't you just burn the audio file from the finder?

Why don't you just burn the audio file from the finder?

That would burn it as an .mp3 file (or whichever format you choose to encode in) and not an audio CD that would play in a standard CD player.

Thanks for the help folks. I think I'm going to go with Audacity and iTunes, its not too complex a process and leaves the missus with a nice organized library of sessions. :)

-=Tim=-