Ignoracious

How do you use the iPhone nowadays?

Aside from the technical aspects of the iPhone, I was wondering who you are using the iPhone to enhance your life. Because I live in the Netherlands and don't have the funds to travel to the US (or even the UK) to buy an iPhone, I have to wait until July 11 to buy a Dutch version of the iPhone. Now I was wondering how I could best use this device when I own one. You have had a year to use it, so I'm sure you have figured out ways to use the iPhone to your advantage and do things better than before.

So how are you using the iPhone? Do you use as a reference tool, to look things up? Do you put short instructional movies on it, for instance, how to perform a certain task? Or do you look something up on the Web when you want to know something on the spot? Do you call less than you used to call, but instead use the more advanced features of the iPhone?

I'm curious and hope to learn from your experience. Maybe you even have some tips what to avoid in the first few weeks of using your iPhone.

I use everything more now I've got an iPhone. I use the maps to find where a client's offices are, I use the notes to jot down passwords etc, I use mail to keep on top of my email (if I had to deal with everything as and when I can connect to the internet I'd be swamped now), the calendar keeps me on time (can't wait for push calendars so I don't need to sync to get my calendar updated).

And of course, it's now my primary iPod too. I don't use any of my others except for my nano with Nike+.

I use my iPhone a bunch, I travel every day for work (M-F) and sometimes have to stay overnight at hotels away from home. I use it a lot for Twitter and BrightKite, email, maps, driving directions, looking up hotel and restaurant's phone numbers.

When I get laid over somewhere I keep using the iPhone as I don't always bring my MBPro with me. I don't need a notebook for my job, so my MBP is just personal usage.

roog

My iPhone is unlocked. I've been taking advantage of the many free apps that currently exist as well as the iPhone's built-in goodness. For example, I use mine for:

- Google Maps to get me where I'm going or to help me when lost. It also tells me what to expect for traffic.

- Calendar uses are obvious.

- Email on the go is a must for my business.

- I have a news reader setup for when I turn the iPhone on -- before unlocking. ( via Intelliscreen )

- Web surfing on the fly / go.

- Voice recorder.

- Checking weather forecast -- Also immediately available when I turn phone on. ( via Intelliscreen )

- Have an app for finding points of interest when out and about. ( Geopedia )

- Fring to use my Skype account via my iPhone.

- Keep an eye on my stocks in real time.

- Use iFlickr to immediately upload shots taken with my iPhone.

- I use Converter, a conversion utility, for the obvious reasons.

- I have a utility that allows direct download of any YouTube content into the iPhone. It's nice for my son's entertainment.

- I use Showtime to shoot video for reference -- like if going to the hardware for a part.

Edited by mobilexile

Since I primairly use it for business the features I use the most are the email, maps, calender and notes. I am really looking forward to the push features that will be offered very soon. And while I am traveling for buisness I listen to a ton of podcasts to pass the time.

I use everything more now I've got an iPhone. I use the maps to find where a client's offices are, I use the notes to jot down passwords etc, I use mail to keep on top of my email (if I had to deal with everything as and when I can connect to the internet I'd be swamped now), the calendar keeps me on time (can't wait for push calendars so I don't need to sync to get my calendar updated).

And of course, it's now my primary iPod too. I don't use any of my others except for my nano with Nike+.

Ditto. I use it so much it's practically glued to my hand. I always used my iPod a lot, so now this is my primary iPod, which I still use a lot. I also check email and Facebook on it several times a day. I have finally organized myself on iCal, which syncs to the iPhone and sends me reminders on there. I use Google Maps a LOT to keep myself from getting lost when finding new places. I use SMS for Twitter and for keeping in touch w/ friends. I am more motivated to keep my Address Book up-to-date now too, b/c this syncs w/ the iPhone's contact list. I also surf the web on it when away from a "real" computer - using mainly Google or Wikipedia or Fandango.

It seriously is like having a mini computer in your pocket. You'll definitely love having one!

Just like the others here, I use many of the apps.

Email, Maps (which even helps when my GPS can't find something), Safari (I find some of the Web apps useful), iPod (especially if I fly somewhere), Alarm Clock (it's probably the best alarm clock I've ever had, multiple alarms man!!!), Calendar (will be even more useful when Push Services come on line), Camera (useful for quick snaps in a pinch, not perfect but can't complain).